This past week we welcomed Fr. Zabinski to our parishes! We are greatly blessed to have him with us. We will have welcome receptions over the next few weeks in our parishes.
This week I want to share with you more information about the Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. When revealing His desire for this devotion to be widely practiced among the faithful, Jesus gave St. Margaret Mary twelve promises that He would fulfill for the souls of those who practiced and spread Devotion to His Sacred Heart. This week I share these twelve promises with you and encourage you to read them carefully so that you know what Jesus will do through this Devotion.
Here the promises of Jesus for those practice Devotion to His
1. I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.
2. I will give peace in their families and will unite families that are divided.
3. I will console them in all their troubles.
4. I will be their refuge during life and above all in death.
5. I will bestow the blessings of Heaven on all their enterprises.
6. Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall rise quickly to great perfection.
9. I will bless those places wherein the image of My Heart shall
be exposed and honored and will imprint My love on the
hearts of those who would wear this image on their person. I
will also destroy in them all disordered movements.
10. I will give to priests who are animated by a tender devotion to my Divine Heart the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
11. Those who promote this devotion shall have their names written in my Heart, never to be effaced.
12. I promise you in the excessive mercy of my Heart that my all-powerful love will grant to all those who communicate on the First Friday in nine consecutive months, the grace of final penitence: they will not die in my disgrace, nor without receiving their Sacraments. My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.
(The Nine Fridays must be made in honor of His Sacred Heart, meaning, practicing the devotion and having a great love of His Sacred Heart. They must be on the first Friday of the month for nine consecutive months, and Communion must be received.) Let us practice the devotion the Sacred Heart of Jesus everyday and especially grow in this devotion during this month of June! Through the intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, St. Joseph, St. Paul and St. Michael, may we grow in our love and devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus!
In Christ through Mary,
Act of Consecration to the Sacred Heart
O Sacred Heart of Jesus, to Thee I consecrate and offer up my
person and my life, my actions, trials, and sufferings, that my entire
being may henceforth only be employed in loving, honoring and
glorifying Thee. This is my irrevocable will, to belong entirely to
Thee, and to do all for Thy love, renouncing with my whole heart
all that can displease Thee.
I take Thee, O Sacred Heart, for the sole object of my love, the
protection of my life, the pledge of my salvation, the remedy of my
frailty and inconstancy, the reparation for all the defects of my life,
and my secure refuge at the hour of my death. Be Thou, O Most
Merciful Heart, my justification before God Thy Father, and screen
me from His anger which I have so justly merited. I fear all from
my own weakness and malice, but placing my entire confidence in
Thee, O Heart of Love, I hope all from Thine infinite Goodness.
Annihilate in me all that can displease or resist Thee.
Imprint Thy pure love so deeply in my heart that I may never forget Thee or be separated from Thee.
I beseech Thee, through Thine infinite Goodness, grant that my name be engraved upon Thy Heart, for in this I place all my happiness and all my glory, to live and to die as one of Thy devoted servants. Amen. (By St. Margaret Mary Alacoque)