Celebrating the Sacred Heart of Jesus
First, I want to offer a big ‘THANK YOU’ once again to all those who organized, volunteered and attended the celebration of my 10 year anniversary as a priest!
It was wonderful to see and experience the outpouring of your charity! I also know that the celebration was really about Jesus – the blessing of sharing in one the Priesthood of Jesus Christ and what He did for us on the Cross. So I must say thank you to Jesus!
This month of June we celebrate the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I encourage all of us to increase our devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. This devotion is so desired by Jesus, that He gave 12 promises to those who will sincerely practice and spread this devotion. Here the promises of Jesus:
1. I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.
2. I will give peace in their families and will unite families that are divided.
3. I will console them in all their troubles.
4. I will be their refuge during life and above all in death.
5. I will bestow the blessings of Heaven on all their enterprises.
6. Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall rise quickly to great perfection.
9. I will bless those places wherein the image ofMy Heart shall be exposed and honored and will imprint My love on the hearts of those who would wear this image on their person. I will also destroy in them all disordered movements.
10. I will give to priests who are animated by a tender devotion to my Divine Heart the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
11. Those who promote this devotion shall have their names written in my Heart, never to be effaced.
12. I promise you in the excessive mercy of my Heart that my all-powerful love will grant to all those who communicate on the First Friday in nine consecutive months, the grace of final penitence: they will not die in my disgrace, nor without receiving their Sacraments. My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment. (The Nine Fridays must be made in honor of His Sacred Heart, meaning, practicing the devotion and having a great love of His Sacred Heart. They must be on the first Friday of the month for nine consecutive months, and Communion must be received.)
Let us practice the devotion the Sacred Heart of Jesus everyday and especially grow in this devotion during this month of June!
Through the intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, St. Joseph, St. Michael, St. Paul and our Guardian Angels, may the Sacred Heart of Jesus lead us to Heaven!
Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us!
Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you!
In Christ through Mary, Fr. Kasel