Welcome to Faith Formation at Churches of St. Paul & St. Michael
Praised be Jesus Christ through Mary!
After seeking advice, counsel and input from parents, parishioners, parish staff and others, I am excited to announce that at the Churches of St. Michael and St. Paul we will be adopting a new format for our faith formation programs this fall. We will be moving to a family-based model that seeks to empower parents as the primary educators of their children in our Catholic Faith. This model was developed at the Church of St. Paul in Ham Lake, Minnesota. It is used by parishes throughout the world. In our area, Divine Mercy Catholic Church in Faribault uses this program.
The main differences you will notice are:
1. Once a month meetings for parents and children (Parents will take part in a presentation on the content for each month and children will have a separate introductory class at the same time).
2. Parents teach 2-3 lessons per month to their children (lessons and materials are provided).
3. All children in each family learn from the same lesson.
4. Parents are empowered to teach their children our Catholic Faith!
5. A moderate meal is offered for parents and children before our lesson (parents will have a chance to meet and get to know other families in our area!).
6. Parents and children can attend the monthly meeting at either the Church of St. Michael, Pine Island or the Church of St. Paul, Zumbrota.
7. This program will be for all age groups – from preschool through high school (including Confirmation Candidates - there will be an additional formation program for Confirmation to be completed online). Also, all parishioners are invited to attend (including those without school-age children).
As you can see, I am excited about our new Faith Formation program – and our parish staff shares my enthusiasm! I am looking forward to a great year working with you each month, growing in our awesome Catholic Faith!
Please see the attached registration form and calendar. Please return the registration form to your respective parish as soon as you are able.
Here is a website to learn more: www.familyformation.net
Let us join in prayer for the good success of this opportunity to share our Faith!
Thank you and God bless you!
In Christ through Mary,